And today we happily and sadly sent him back to public school. There were many reasons for it, but it came down to what was best for our family and for him overall. I’ve been praying all day for his transition back into P.S. and hope it’ll go well since he’s in school with his sister again.
4 Things about me:
1. I’ve been married almost 12 years to my white knight husband. We have 3 kids, 9,8, 6. Our oldest is autistic and I homeschool him while the other 2 go to public school. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder 4 years ago. My husband and I were both born and bred in Texas and now live in Dallas. (Lots of info, but my general get to know me stuff *wink)
2. I love cars. I love big jeeps with 6 inch lifts and 20 inch tires. Oh and I love working on car engines with my husband. It’s one of the top reasons he loves me. He owned one when we met and started dating and when our kids are no longer little we will get another one.
3. I’m a pretty random in life. Before kids I worked in mortgage, then healthcare, then a SAHM, professional photographer, special needs advocate, graphic designer, author and now furniture builder/finisher. I could possibly be a little add. hee hee.
4. Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to grow up and be a stay at home mom. No, seriously…not a dr or teacher or anything else. A mom. Probably because I was an only child in my home with a single mom who had to be gone all of the time with work. I’ve always wanted to be able to have kids and stay home with them. Now I do and I love it more than anything. I have had hard times but have always cherished it in my heart.
4 of my endearing quirks:
1. I talk a lot. I love meeting new people and connecting and it gets me excited. So I tend to over talk. I try to keep it to a minimum, but you’ve been warned. LOL.
2. I love tshirts. I actually love the stigma of SAHM’s wearing yoga pants and tees. I don’t really care because I’m comfy and I can find cute comfy pants with tees. The more tees the better.
3. I hate socks. Like despise. They feel weird and even in the winter I only wear slocks. I specifically only buy shoes I DON’T have to wear socks with, including my walking shoes.
4. I’m Loud, but desire quiet. I tend to talk loud, maybe because I grew up around loud. Not sure. But our house is loud and I love it! I also require daily(sometimes multiple) times of quiet by myself. It maybe locked in the bathroom with earplugs, but quiet is quiet. My brain needs frequent quiet breaks to function.
4 Things about my blog and writing:
1. My blog has changed recently, I was Funky Faith Girl for 4 years and after a long sabatical I knew I needed a change and now I’ve hopefully found it at Living Leigh. The design will probably change a lot since I just randomly do that. I know it’s weird. That’s me.
2. I write honest and open. Always. I felt God put on my heart a long time ago to write about myself and my blessing through trials. I’ve been through a lot as a child and an adult and God has changed me and grown me through it all. So I just put it all out there and constantly try to seek Gods purpose through it all.
3. I started writing my first blog as a family blog over 7 years ago. WOWZA. So I guess I’m a veteran blogger but I’m always learning new things for sure.
4. I write randomly. No matter how many times I’ve tried to stay on a “schedule” of some sorts it never works. So I just go for it. My life is crazy so I guess my blog is too.
4 Things I love:
1. Coffee. Coffee. and more coffee. I love the feel of a mug in my hand. I would drink more if my GI issues weren’t a problem.
2. Chocolate, the darker the better. After a good meal I always have to cut it with a sweet thing afterwards. It’s weird I know. But since my mom has the same chocolate issue, I blame it on genetics. That’s cool, right?
3. I eat all natural food. I mostly eat organic and gmo free and it is the best. I mostly eat fruits and veggies with some starches. It makes me feel good and started when my son was diagnosed with autism and continued when I started having major GI issues.
4. I just love spending time with a friend or a couple of friends. Just us, our hearts, good food and good conversation. With sweets of course.
I hope you got to know me a little more.
I CAN.NOT.WAIT. to meet so many of y’all and get to know yall next week at Declare!!!!! YAY!!!
Please leave me a link and and I’ll check out your 4×4 Declare post OR let me know some things about you!! I love to get to know my readers.
We had a great relaxing weekend full of fun and lots of sun. First we went the the Dallas Museum of Art for their Autism Awareness day they have several times a year. They have lots of activities and crafts specifically geared towards the special needs kids and of course all of the family. We made it there towards the end but we still had fun.
Then we just walked across the street to the Klyde Warren Park. This park is so cool, it’s actually build above a highway. It’s got the most amazing amenities besides just the play area. You have to check it out if you’re every in Dallas.
I love that my kids have a dad that loves to be silly and have as much fun as they do. They love to clobber him and jump on him like a jungle gym. He takes it in peace even when it hurts. And it’s just one of the many things I love about him!!